This is awarded at the discretion of the President as an award for playing excellence.
In selecting the recipient, the following criteria shall apply:
- The player must be such that anyone would be proud to play with him
- That he did honour to himself and the club
- That he achieved a degree of excellence as a player
- That the player must have displayed a fighting quality
The guidelines used for this are:
- Career achievements
- Outstanding season’s performance
- Distinction at a representative level
- Exceptional individual performance
John had an interrupted career with the club, but none the less was an integral part of some of the Club’s most notable successes, such as dismissing teams for 19 and 17. John was also a member of Cammeray’s 1985/86 premiership winning side. He was a wholehearted member of the Club who served on the committee and on several occasions capatined a C Grade side. John loved cricket and life, and tackled both with a gusto that is remembered by all who knew him. John on many occasions opened the batting, opened the bowling and also sometimes kept wicket.
|1991-92||Loch Van den Berg|